This section of the site will be about London at the end of the 16th century, when A Midsummer Night's Dream was written and first performed. This section will consist of interlinked pages discussing
- general information about the city
- what sort of people would have gone to the theatre
- what sort of area were the theatres in (south of the river, entertainment district, away from the puritans)
- there will be maps showing where the theatres and other landmarks were
- Queen Elizabeth I, and relationships between acting companies and the nobility
- actors' conditions, lives, the way they worked (this section would be shared with the section on "acting"
- links to external information about Elizabethan London
These pages will be closely entwined with the moo, since a large part of the moo will be built as Elizabethan London.